SureCrete’s Dura-Kote DK 400WB™ water-based clear floor polyurethane top coat is available in either a gloss or satin finish. Formulated as a highly durable transparent flooring protective coating for interior commercial or residential applications with low VOC properties.
DATA SHEET DOWNLOADS
Dura-Kote clear water-based floor polyurethane is a 2 component 57% solids, acrylic polyurethane designed as a non-yellowing clear coating for concrete, cement-based overlays, or as a top coat on epoxy systems. The commercial grade clear finish topcoat is available in gloss or satin finishes provides the durability of a solvent base system with the ease and safety of a low VOC (73 g/L) water base system. Unlike nearly all polyurethanes, Dura-Kote (DK) clear water based polyurethane has remarkable properties related to vapor permeability, which permits its use in specific exterior settings. Note: See paragraph 5 under surface prep. Generating the premier balance of strength, added UV stability, flexibility, chemical and scratch resistance, it is both user-friendly and extremely durable. As a vertical wall coating, it enhances anti-graffiti properties. Dura-Kote water-based polyurethane is ideally suited for both commercial and residential flooring: aircraft hangars, clean room floors, manufacturing facilities, warehouses, bars, clubs, retail stores, automotive showrooms, residential interiors, garage floors, stadiums, or any high traffic area where an exceedingly resilient floor is desired.
For interior coatings, especially in areas or environments in which you are looking for an eco-friendly coating, Dura-Kote DK 400WB can be an extremely effective sealer for your concrete projects. With a VOC rating that will allow it to be placed in 99 percent of all states and municipalities, SureCrete's polyurethane is an ideal coating for generating LEED points and earning green projects as a professional applicator. If you're a homeowner or DIY weekend warrior looking to do some work on your home but need to eliminate odor and lower the chemical vapor residue released by your particular project.
- Eco-Friendly Commercial Kitchen Floors
- Retail Floor Protection Green Projects
- Low Odor Restaurant and Bar Floors
- Non-Caustic Residential Living Areas
- Eco-Friendly Interior Hotel and Resort Flooring
- High-Traffic Interior Walkways Green Projects
- Low Odor Auditorium and Stage Floors
- Non-Caustic Residential and Hotel Bedroom Floors
Our Dura-Kote Polyurethane products are some of the easiest to apply and use:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely cured, clean and free of all contaminants and fully profiled and etched.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and relative humidity to stay below 75%.
- Pour 1 part "B" into three parts "A" into large mixing container (we pre-measured the kits to make it easy on you!)and mix mechanically for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Use a premium, de-fuzzed, phenolic core roller to roll out thin coats over workable area, making sure to maintain wet edges and backroll the entire surface.
- Two layers are typically suggested with any interior project receiving a polyurethane coating, with the second layer applied as soon as first coat can be walked on, and is used in the same manner as the first coat.
- While not necessarily required, we suggest the use of a sacrificial wax coating extend the life of the floor and add a measure of slip resistance.
Answer: Technically yes, however, it is not suggested. For the best results, we highly recommend using two thinly applied layers. That said, Dura-Kote Polyurethane products have been known to function better than comparable sealers in situations where a single-coat interior sealer is required.
Answer: To a very slight degree, yes. It is a higher solids content coating than an acrylic sealer but is not robust enough to fill large voids.
Answer: Polyurethane coatings are not as breathable as acrylic sealers, and therefore not used in most traditional exterior applications.
Answer: Check with your local municipalities to be certain, but given its extremely low VOC rating at less than 75 grams per Liter, this product can be used in almost all states or municipalities.
|Coverage||Approx 300-400 square foot per gallon, per coat (varies widely based on substrate porosity and application methods)|
|VOC Rating||less than 72 g/L|
|Pot Life||approx 30 minutes|
|Shelf Life||1 year in original unopened container|
|Ready for recoat||6-8 hours (18+ hours at low temperatures)|
|Light Duty Use||24 hours (Up to 48 hours at low temperatures)|
|Heavy Traffic Ready||3 days (Up to 5 days at low temperatures)|
|Full Cure||5-7 days (Up to 14 days at low temperatures)|
|Appearance (cured)||Clear Gloss or Satin|
|Appearance (wet)||Milky Liquid|
|Water Resistance||Excellent beads water|
|Application Temperature||50 - 90 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Gasoline||no effect at 24 hrs|
|Diesel Fuel||no effect at 24 hrs|
|Kerosene||no effect at 24 hrs|
|Brake Fluid||softens/discolors at 24 hrs|
|Skydrol||dulls at 24 hrs|
1 Gallon Kit, 4 Gallon Kit