VIVID™ is a reactive acid stain that creates a beautiful variegated appearance by reacting with calcium and lime that exist in fully cured concrete and cement-based overlays. The multi-colored, distinctive nature of the stain can instantly upgrade the look of ordinary concrete to that of opulent marble, granite or stone.
DATA SHEET DOWNLOADS
VIVID™ is a reactive acid stain that creates a beautiful variegated appearance by reacting with calcium and lime that exist in fully cured concrete and cement-based overlays. The multi-colored, distinctive nature of the stain can instantly upgrade the look of ordinary concrete to that of opulent marble, granite or stone. Due to the variable coloring and intensities of the finish, no two applications will look exactly alike, adding to its overall captivation and allure. And because it penetrates into the substrate, VIVID™ Acid Stain results in a permanent decorative finish that will not chip, crack, peel or degrade.
Due to the reactive nature of the VIVID™ concrete acid stain product line, no two concrete staining projects will ever be exactly alike. Depending on the chemical composition of the concrete substrate you're working and the amount of stain applied to the surface, so that even two similar substrates using the same color of VIVID™ can have vastly different outcomes in the natural variation that this type of staining method provides. While this type of decorative concrete product can be difficult to apply, we've made it as simple as possible - keeping labor costs down for professional applicators and still keeping it within the realm of ability for a homeowner to be able to apply our concrete acid stain in their home or patio area.
Available in 9 ready-to-use colors.
- Kitchen Floors
- Bathroom and Basement Floors
- Bathroom Countertops
- School and Office Floors
- Museum and Libraries
- Commercial and Retail Flooring
- Entertaining Areas
- Themed Concrete Areas (IE – Theme Parks)
- Hardscapes / Simulated Rock and Stone
- Precast and Tilt-up Concrete
How Do You Apply VIVID Reactive Concrete Acid Stain?
Chemical stains can be tricky, but with a little direction, anyone can do it!
- Clean your surface – Whatever substrate you are applying to; it must first be clear of all other stains, sealers, dirt or any foreign materials which may prevent the stain from penetrating the concrete surface.
- “Profile” your surface – Since VIVID still needs a degree of penetration to create a chemical reaction, the surface must be able to have liquid penetrate into it! Otherwise, the stain will only sit on top of the concrete and never create the necessary chemical reactions. Profiling is typically done mechanically or with some form of a mild chemical; we suggest the use of SCR – Super Concrete Renovator to take care of both steps 1 and 2 in this application process.
- Apply your concrete acid stain! This can be done in any number of ways, with any number of tools! For more control, we suggest using a fine brush or airless sprayer. However, for “messy” looks, this product can be only poured out onto your surface and spread around with something as simple as a paint roller or a towel!
- Neutralize the surface with a pH neutralizer such as clear ammonia, baking soda, or T.S.P. then flush area with water and scrub with a stiff brush. Flush the surface again with water and remove waste with a shop-vac or mop.
- Once VIVID reactive concrete acid stain is dry to the touch (none comes up when you swipe your finger across the surface of your floor or countertop), an appropriate sealer should be applied to preserve the integrity of your project. For exterior projects, we suggest using a clear acrylic sealer such as HS 200 or Super 20, and for interior projects we suggest the utilization of any number of Epoxies, Polyurethanes or Polyaspartics.
Reason: Due to the unpredictability of chemical stains and the multiple variances that can occur, the same acid color can react differently.
Solution: It is beyond the ability of SureCrete to predict or guarantee an acid stain’s reaction to concrete or other cementitious substrate. The responsibility rests solely with the applicator to perform a test on a small inconspicuous area of the job to get an idea of how the stain will react and look on your specific job site. Notwithstanding these measures, it is impossible to guarantee color depth and chemical reaction throughout the entire substrate.
Answer: Absolutely. Doing so will ensure the stain will last and remain on your substrate. If the stain is not sealed it may be tracked throughout the commercial/residential space, wash and wear away etc. If a natural rustic finish is preferred, use a water based or other matte finish sealer.
Answer: Only as long as it takes to dry! This will vary greatly depending on the local temperature/humidity as well as how much VIVID stain was used in the project. The more stain you utilized in a given area, the longer it will take to dry.
|Coverage||200-300 square foot per gallon|
|Shelf Life||1 year in original unopened container|
|Ready for Sealer||Dry to the touch (time frame varies on environment)|
1 Gal. Amber - VIVID SKU: 35104002-71 | UPC: 842467111925
1 Gal. Coffee - VIVID SKU: 35104002-73 | UPC: 842467111932
1 Gal. Ebony - VIVID SKU: 35104002-74 | UPC: 842467111949
1 Gal. Jade - VIVID SKU: 35104002-75 | UPC: 842467111956
1 Gal. Mahogany- VIVID SKU: 35104002-76 | UPC: 842467111963
1 Gal. Mission Brown - VIVID SKU: 35104002-77 | UPC: 842467111970
1 Gal. Olive - VIVID SKU: 35104002-78 | UPC: 842467111987
1 Gal. Turquoise - VIVID SKU: 35104002-79 | UPC: 842467111994
1 Gal. Walnut - VIVID SKU: 35104002-69 | UPC: 842467111918
1 Gal. Amber Acid Stain, 1 Gal. Coffee Acid Stain, 1 Gal. Ebony Acid Stain, 1 Gal. Jade Acid Stain, 1 Gal. Mahogany Acid Stain, 1 Gal. Mission Brown Acid Stain, 1 Gal. Olive Acid Stain, 1 Gal. Turquoise Acid Stain, 1 Gal. Walnut Acid Stain