SureCrete's concrete waterproofing liquid needs no catalyst or solvents are part of this waterborne system. No special safety equipment or respirators are required (unless sprayed). The lack of an enzyme eliminates pot-life problems. The single component formulation could be used by brush, roller, or airless sprayer to many construction substrates.
Although specifically created for SureCrete coatings, Elasto‐Shield™ is also ideally suited for use with ceramic tile, stone, and EFIS applications. It forms a continuous waterproofing barrier with outstanding adhesion and reduces crack transmission in floors. Elasto‐Shield provides excellent flexibility and elongation with water-proof properties that allow the span of cracks and voids in the substrate. Upon cure, the membrane will not soften with high temperatures or become brittle with low temperature. Before product cures, clean-up is achieved just with soap and water. Quick dry times between coats reduce job time.
- Solid Poured Concrete
- Concrete, Cinder Blocks
- Polystyrene (including ICF)
- Plywood, OSB
- Cement Backer Boards
- Construction Concrete Dampproofing
- Foundations Protection
- Structures Waterproofing Product
- Foundation Walls Coating
- Parking Garages
- Pool Decks
- Older Interior Concrete Floors
- Exterior Building Walls
- Commercial Floors
- Concrete Water Protection
- Concrete Foundation Seal
- Proofing Damp Concrete
- Damp Concrete Preparation
Next to comparable products on the market, Elasto-Shield Concrete Waterproofing is slightly simpler to use.
- Make sure your surface is clean and free of all debris and old paints and coatings.
- If your surface is especially porous, keeping the surface misted will help make application easier.
- The product is easily rolled on with a 3/4" nap roller.
- Joints and splices should be treated with a stitch bond fabric after the first coat of Elasto-Shield and then treated with a second coat of Elasto-Shield.
Answer: No, not always. Only in areas where there are expansion joints or splices of the substrate.
Answer: Only from the OUTSIDE. It will not prevent moisture from coming up through the backside of whatever substrate used on.
Answer: No. Its properties can degrade over time if not covered with an overlay or coating.
Answer: Yes, however, remember that it will NOT serve to stop moisture migrating through the underneath of the substrate it has applied too.
|Coverage||Up to 750 square foot per pail @ 2 coats or 16 mils wet|
|VOC Rating||0 g/L|
|Shelf Life||1 year in original unopened container|
|Adhesion||Cement Board - substrate fails; Plywood - substrate fails; Polystyrene - substrate fails; Thin-Set - 395 PSI|
|Elongation||ASTM D-638: 7 day dry - 580%; 21 day wet - 657%|
|Permeability||ASTM E-96: 0.013|
|Tensile||ASTM E-96: 7 day dry - 335 PSI; 21 day wet - 562 PSI|
3.5 Gallons, 5 Gallons